- Admissions application deadline: February 28
- Costs & financial aid: Tuition, $52,400; about 75 percent of students receive need-based financial aid. Yale Law School has one of the most generous post-graduate loan forgiveness programs in the country. Last year, YLS provided more than $3.6 million in benefits to 416 graduates.
- 2013 J.D. acceptance rate: 9 percent; enrollment rate: 81 percent
- More than 70 full-time faculty
- More than 50 lecturers, fellows, and affiliated faculty
- Faculty active in international, constitutional, and corporate legal issues through their work in numerous Yale Law School centers and projects.
- Courses: More than 180 courses offered each year, with many opportunities for independent research and writing.
- Programs: J.D., LL.M., J.S.D., Ph.D., and M.S.L.; many joint degrees, including J.D.-M.B.A., J.D.-Ph.D., and J.D.-M.A.
- 25 clinics available, starting spring term first year; 77 percent of students take clinics
- 650 students come from 48 states and 29 countries
- 48 percent are female and 29.4 percent are from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups.
- Student/faculty ratio: 8.46 to 1
- Average class size: under 20 students
- Yale Law School offers generous fellowships for summer public interest work.
- Yale Law School has more than 13,000 alumni who are leaders in law firms, corporations, public interest, business, government, the judiciary, and academics in the United States and around the world.
Lillian Goldman Law Library
- The Lillian Goldman Library has nearly one million print volumes as well as unparalleled access to domestic, foreign, and international law databases.
- Special strengths of the collection include interdisciplinary works emphasizing law and the social sciences, extensive print and online resources covering foreign and international law, and an exceptional collection of rare and historical law books.
- The Public Affairs Office provides a range of services to media requesting information on the Law School, its faculty, students, and programs.
- YLS hosts hundreds of events each year on timely issues ranging from corporate ethics to food laws in China. The YLS Calendar provides information on all upcoming events.