Monk v. Mabus
On November 14, 2014, the claims of the five named Plaintiffs were remanded to their respective record correction boards for reconsideration on an expedited schedule ordered by the Court and in light of a Department of Defense policy change issued on September 3, 2014. The Court also dismissed the claims of the organizational Plaintiffs without prejudice to refiling the case. For more information, please follow the links below.
| Mr. George Siders, Jr., with members of his platoon in Vietnam in 1969
after Operation Dewey Canyon.
| Plaintiffs George Siders and Conley Monk being interviewed on
Comedy Central's the Daily Show
- Alissa Figureoa, A Losing Battle: How the Army denies veterans justice without anyone knowing, Fusion, Fusion Interactive, November 2014
- Tom Philpott, Military Update: 80,000 vets with PTSD could gain discharge upgrades, Stars and Stripes, September 18, 2014
- Dave Philipps, New Rules May Allow Benefits Long Denied to Vietnam-Era Veterans, New York Times, September 3, 2014
- Patricia Kime, Some Vietnam vets with PTSD fight for benefits, Navy Times, April 9, 2014
- John Christofferson, Vietnam Veterans Sue Military Over PTSD, Associated Press, March 3, 2014
- Quil Lawrence, Yale Law Students Raise Case For Discharged Vets, NPR, March 3, 2014
- Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Television segment on PTSD and Vietnam, January 21, 2014