How to Apply
Yale Law School offers five degree-granting programs:
- The J.D. program is a three-year course of study.
Learn more about academic requirements and applications.
- The LL.M. is a one-year course of study for students who have completed their law degree and are interested in law teaching.
- The J.S.D. program is open to Yale Law School LL.M. graduates.
- The M.S.L. program is a one-year course of study intended for experts in other disciplines who want to explore how the law relates to their fields.
- The Ph.D. in Law is designed to prepare J.D. graduates for careers in legal scholarship through three years of supervised study.