The Committee currently has 177 members from the United States and abroad, which includes:
- 11 officers, each serving a two-year term
- 3 classes of 20 Term Members, each serving a three-year term
- Regional Representatives from all around the world, each serving a three-year term
- 1 Graduating Class Member (for each graduating class), who serves a three year term
- 3 classes of 4 Delegates to the Association of Yale Alumni (AYA), who serve as ex officio Committee members, each serving a three-year term
- Administrators of the Law School, who serve as ex officio Committee members
- Honored lifetime members
Executive Committee Membership Booklet (password required)
An Example of the Executive Committee Meeting Agenda
Selection of the Executive Committee
A Nominating Committee consisting of Executive Committee members meets each year to nominate 20 Term Members and four AYA Delegates from a list of candidates recommended by faculty, administrators, Executive Committee members, or by self-recommendation. Members are chosen with the aim of having a diverse Committee in all respects including class year, geographic area, area of expertise, gender, race, and ethnicity. The Executive Committee members vote on the nominations. The graduating class elects the Graduating Class Member. The Dean or his designee select the Officers, Regional Representatives, and Lifetime Members, who include past Chairpersons of the Committee, former Deans, and recipients of the YLSA Award of Merit.
If you are interested in being a member of the Executive Committee, please contact the Office of Alumni Affairs.