Save the Date:
October 23, 24, 25 & 26
We hope all of you come back to New Haven on October 23-26 to celebrate Alumni Weekend 2014 and take part in a fabulous array of activities centered on the theme, “Judging.” For those classes ending in 4s and 9s, there will be special reunion class events. Yet, as always, all YLS graduates are invited to attend the Weekend’s many non-class events—panel discussions, festive meals, tours, etc.—whether or not you are celebrating a reunion this year. We have a wonderful program planned, and there will be something of interest for each and every one of you.
Alumni Weekend offers a special occasion for you to see old YLS friends and make new ones, encounter current students, wander familiar hallways, gather in the courtyard, sit in the now fully-wireless classrooms (of course!!), catch up with a favorite professor, and enjoy terrific meals together in Commons and other eateries.
Highlights of the Weekend include:
• Some of the YLS Student Organizations will hold dinners Thursday evening.
• A Friday afternoon alumni/faculty panel on the Weekend’s theme.
• The Friday night receptions and dinner for all alumni, with seating by class so you can join your classmates right from the very start of the Weekend. After dinner, you can continue schmoozing with your buddies into the night over coffee, wine, and a medley of desserts.
• The very popular Saturday morning Student-Alumni Breakfast, which matches alumni who wish to participate with current students. Following breakfast, there are four exciting alumni/faculty panels to choose from on the Weekend’s theme.
• The Saturday all-alumni luncheon with seating by class so you can join your classmates.
• A welcome by Dean Robert C. Post ’77.
• The presentations of the Yale Law School Association Award of Merit to YLS United States Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas ’74, Samuel Alito ’75, and Sonia Sotomayor ’79, for their contributions to the legal profession.
• A Saturday afternoon with time to just hang out with classmates and/or explore New Haven or YLS familiar haunts.
• Saturday evening reunion class receptions and dinners and, on Sunday morning, class reunion brunches.
Alumni Weekend 2014 certainly promises to be an exciting weekend—one you won’t want to miss!!!
We look forward to seeing you again and welcoming you back to the Law School!
Toni Hahn Davis
Office of Alumni and Public Affairs
Office of Alumni Affairs