YLS Employment & Fellowship Opportunities
A number of fellowships are available to our graduates. For example, the Bernstein, Liman, Gruber, Ford Foundation, and Heyman Fellowships support work in various types of public interest positions. The Robert M. Cover Fellowship and Information Society Project (ISP) Resident and Visiting Fellowships are among those available for alumni/ae interested in careers in academia.
Associate Director of Graduate Programs
Reports to the Director of Graduate Programs and to the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs.
- Plans, coordinates and implements admissions, academic, and co-curricular programs and events for Yale Law School’s various graduate degree programs as well as a Visiting Researcher Program. Helps coordinate and support the Yale Law School Law Teaching program.
- Evaluates all admissions applications, interviews prospective applicants, and independently assesses each application against a variety of factors, including the applicant’s strength, weaknesses and potential contribution to the Yale community. Determines applicant’s standing within local, national and international applicant pools.
- Analyzes and independently assesses overall records to determine if applicants are appropriate for admissions committee review.
- Presents applicant recommendations to admissions committee. Briefs admissions committee about applicants and about schools and geographical regions as they relate to evaluation of applicant files. Determines which applicants will be waitlisted.
- Develops public presentations designed to promote Yale to prospective applicants.
- Provides guidance and counseling to prospective students.
- Coordinates alumni recruiting activities in assigned geographical areas.
- Serves as a liaison with organizations and individuals involved in the admissions process.
- Plans and drives recruiting and yield events and engages in corporate outreach with key industries and key partners.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues within the school and across Yale, as well as other key constituents, to develop and implement strategies related to relevant geographical regions and professional industries.
- Manages admissions efforts as they relate to a particular substantive area such as diversity, communications, recruiting, operations, and technology. Provides strategic vision as it relates to this area. Compiles key admissions data, analyzes trends and outcomes, and recommends new approaches and strategies.
- May perform other duties assigned.
JD strongly preferred.
STARS Requisition number: 29218BR
Senior Administrative Assistant (part time)
Provides comprehensive administrative support for one or more highly active centers or programs and administrator at Yale Law School. Heavy emphasis on all aspects of event planning and organization, correspondence, file management and expense reporting and reimbursement.
- Oversees and coordinates program activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates administrative functions, procedures, and systems.
- Based on knowledge of and experience with program activities, objectives and staff, serves as principal source of information on policies, procedures, programs and office activities. Establishes and maintains professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Processes and monitors expenses and ensures adherence to budgetary guidelines. Prepares budget drafts based on existing budgets. May oversee, coordinate and/or complete applications and materials needed for grant submission.
- Composes substantive correspondence and written material. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes, produces and distributes reports or portions of reports. May create simple databases.
- Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
- Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff.
- Ensure compliance with University, Federal, and State guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
STARS Requisition number: 29228BR