June 4, 2007 Readings
"Executive Compensation: Where have we been, where are we now, and where are we going?"
1. John W. White, Speech: “Principles Matter”
2. SEC, “Final Rule on Executive Compensation Disclosure” (Federal Register, September 8, 2006)
3. TIAA-CREF Letter introducing new Corporate Governance Policy Statement
4. TIAA-CREF, Policy Statement on Corporate Governance
5. Steven N. Kaplan, "Are CEOs Overpaid? or How big a problem is U.S. Corporate Governance?" (text)
6. Steven N. Kaplan, "Are CEOs Overpaid? or How big a problem is U.S. Corporate Governance?" (slide presentation)
7. Steven N. Kaplan and Bernadette A. Minton, "How has CEO Turnover Changed? Increasingly Performance Sensitive Boards and Increasingly Uneasy CEOs"
8. Steven N. Kaplan and Joshua Rauh, "Wall Street and Main Street: What Contributes to the Rise in the Highest Incomes?"
9. Moody's Investors Service, "A User's Guide to the SEC's New Rules for Reporting Executive Pay"