November 6, 2007 Readings
"Proxy Voting: Is the System Broken?"
1. Henry T.C. Hu and Bernard Black, "The New Vote Buying: Empty Voting and Hidden (Morphable) Ownership"
2. Charles Nathan, "Empty Voting" and Other Fault Lines Undermining Shareholder Democracy: The New Hunting Ground for Hedge Funds
3. John C. Wilcox, "Shareholder Nominations of Corporate Directors: Unintended Consequences and the Case for Reform of the U.S. Proxy System"
4. John C. Wilcox, John J. Purcell III and Hye-Won Choi, "Street Name" Registration & the Proxy Solicitation Process"
5. SEC, Unofficial Transcript of the Roundtable Discussion on Proxy Voting Mechanics, May 24, 2007
6. SEC, Roundtable on Proxy Voting Mechanics
7. SEC, Comments on Roundtable Discussions Regarding Proxy Process