Roundtable: February 13, 2009 Session 4 Reading Materials
February 13, 2009
Reading Materials for Session 4: Reforming Subprime Mortgages
1. John D. Geanakoplos and Susan P. Koniak, "Mortgage Justice Is Blind"
2. George M. Cohen, Susan P. Koniak and John D. Geanakoplos, "Mortgage and Securities Stablization, Recovery and Modification Program Act of 2009"
3. George M. Cohen et al., "Letter to The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, et al. regarding Interagency Statement on Sound Practices Concerning Elevated Risk Complex Structured Finance Activities"
4. John D. Geanakoplos and Susan P. Koniak, "Why the Blind Trustee Plan is Cheaper and Better than Alternatives"
5. David Dana, "Why the Takings Clause is not a Problem for the Blind Trustee Servicing Plan--A Quick Explanation"
6. David Dana, "The Feudal Mistake"
7. William N. Goetzmann, "Housing Models and Markets" (presentation)
8. Susan P. Koniak, "Default Rate by CLTV 2006-02 Indices" (presentation)
9. R. Glenn Hubbard and Christopher Mayer, "Housing Stimulus Plan"
10. Christopher Mayer and R. Glenn Hubbard, "House Prices, Interest Rates, and the Mortgage Market Meltdown"
11. Christopher Mayer, Edward Morrison and Tomasz Piskorski, "A New Proposal for Loan Modifications"
12. More detail on the Hubbard and Mayer (item 6 above) and Mayer et al. (item 8 above) proposals can be found at: http://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/realestate/research/housingcrisis/mortgagemarket
13. Christopher Mayer, "Public Policy Responses to the Housing and Foreclosure Crisis" (presentation)
14. Susan M. Wachter, "Subprime Lending and the Procyclical Production of Risk" (presentation)