Yale Law School Launches $200 Million Capital Campaign
“The Yale Law School Tomorrow campaign provides a blueprint for securing the School’s position--financially and programmatically--for the decades ahead,” said Dean Harold Hongju Koh.
The campaign calls for:
- $50 million for increased financial aid, loan repayment assistance, and research and travel funds for students.
- $50 million to bolster existing faculty chairs and create new ones in order to retain and recruit a law faculty of the highest order.
- $25 million to support emerging programs in international law, corporate law, and increased clinical offerings as a pathway to producing global leaders in law, business and government.
- $25 million to renovate the University’s Swing Space residential facility to restore the School’s time-honored residential experience.
- $50 million for the Yale Law School Fund, which provides unrestricted gifts that allow the School to respond to immediate and emerging needs.
The Law School has already received commitments of major gifts totaling $131 million.
“Yale Law School has produced some of the finest legal scholars in the country and the world,” said Dean Koh. “As politicians, leaders of the bar, law professors and deans, CEOs, entrepreneurs, and humanitarian crusaders, our graduates relentlessly change the landscape of the law. We must therefore meet the immense responsibility of producing Yale lawyers who are principled, empathetic, and equal to the tasks that lie ahead.”
Updates on the progress of the Law Tomorrow campaign are available at www.law.yale.edu/lawtomorrow. For more information on giving opportunities, please contact the Yale Law School Development Office at 203 432-6080.