Your support of the 3L Class gift program can be made in one of three ways:
1. Outright gift—A onetime gift made prior to graduation that counts toward small group participation.
2. Pledge—Pledges are multi-year commitments that must be paid over the next three years.
- The purpose of this schedule is to encourage annual support of Yale Law School and to cultivate a habit of giving.
- By making a pledge, you will not be solicited for any further gifts over the next three years.
- Pledges also count towards small group participation.
- Upon completion of the pledge, you will be able to direct Project Funds to the student organization(s) of your choice, according to the following parameters:
-- Pledges between $30 and $99 will be eligible for $100 in Project Funds
-- Pledges of $100 or more will be eligible for a 2:1 match, with a maximum of $500 awarded in Project Funds.
(For example, $100 pledge = $200 in Project Funds; $200 pledge = $400 in PF; $300 pledge = $500 in PF)
3. Outright gift and pledge—We hope you will consider making both an outright gift and a three-year pledge.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR GIFT
• Is there a minimum donation required? What is the average gift?
There is not a minimum donation required. Gifts from the Class of 2014 ranged from $1 to $1,000; Class of 2013 ranged from $1 to $1,000; gifts from the Class of 2012 ranged from $1 to $2,000; and gifts from the Class of 2011 ranged from $1 to $1,000. We recognize that members of the class will pursue many different careers after graduation, and thus will have varying capacities to make a gift. Please make a gift/pledge at whatever level you are comfortable with. For reference, the median outright gift by the Class of 2014 was $32, and the average pledge—payable over three years—was $147.
• What are the perks? Class of 2015 t-shirt, small group challenge and Project Funds
- Class of 2015 T-Shirt: All donors—outright gift or pledge—will receive a t-shirt as a token of thanks for their support.
- Project Funds: If you wish to have the ability to designate Project Funds to the student organization(s) of your choice, you must agree to, and fulfill, a pledge that is payable over the next three years. Upon completion of your pledge, the student organization(s) that you have chosen will receive Project Funds according to the rules above and the amounts allocated by you
- Small Group Challenge: Each small group that achieves 100% participation--all members make a gift or pledge--will be allowed to designate $1,000 of Project Funds to the student organization of its choice. If needed, the group may split the $1,000 among 2-3 organizations.