- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Public Interest Program
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
- Info For
Submissions & Subscriptions
We are delighted to review any work submitted to us. While we do not commission articles and cannot guarantee publication, we welcome material from a variety of sources. In making publication decisions, the Journal must take into account a number of concerns, including not only our overall vision for the Journal but also balance and variety among pieces, coverage of topics of current interest, and issue length. We would be happy to review your article and we will notify you approximately four weeks after notification of receipt about whether we will be able to publish it (though it may take longer during certain times of the year, including summer and exam time!). While we have no strict submission deadlines, we generally need to have articles for the Fall term issue (published in January) by the first week in June. Articles for the Spring term issue (published in June) should generally be in our office by the first week in November.
Submissions should be typed and double spaced. The Yale Journal of Law and Feminism follows The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed.) for typefaces and footnotes. We strongly encourage and prefer electronic submissions, which you can email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment (preferably in .doc format).
Alternatively, you can mail us your submission in hard copy, in which case we appreciate it if the author can send us three printed copies of each submission, though this is not required. Please include a disk containing a digital version of your article, preferably in Word format. Please note that in most cases we will need an electronic version of your submission in order to give it full consideration. Submissions other than artwork generally cannot be returned to the author. Artwork and photographs can be returned if the author provides a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
The Yale Journal of Law and Feminism is committed to publishing scholarship on gender, sexuality, and the law, especially insofar as the law structures, affects, or ignores the experiences of women and other marginalized peoples. We encourage the submission of articles, essays, and reviews concerning this intersection of law and feminism. As we promote feminist principles to our readers, we also practice those principles ourselves. All members contribute to our Journal's management, making major decisions through modified consensus.
Price per volume:
Foreign subscriptions: please add $10.00 to the rates above.
Subscriptions paid by institutional check will be billed at the institutional rate of $30.00. All subscriptions will be renewed automatically, unless the subscriber otherwise notifies the Journal. Back issues are available at the rate of $16.00 for institutions and $10.00 for individuals, per issue.
Foreign orders add $5.00 per issue for shipping. Contact YJLF regarding special rates for a complete set of back issues. Reprints of individual articles can be purchased for $5.00 per page. Claims for non-receipt of issues will be honored for one calendar year after publication date.