- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Public Interest Program
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
- Info For
Through cutting-edge scholarship and practice, Yale Law School faculty and students are helping to define policies to create a more sustainable future in the U.S. and around the world.
Yale Law School Environmental Law Faculty include:
E. Donald Elliott
Professor (Adjunct) of Law
E. Donald Elliott is Professor (Adjunct) of Law at Yale Law School and a leading academic scholar, as well as practitioner, in the fields of administrative and environmental law. He is "one of the most well-known, well-regarded environmental law professors in the nation," according to John Cruden, former President of the Environmental Law Institute, and now Assistant Attorney General, Environment and Natural Resources Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
Daniel C. Esty
Hillhouse Professor of Environmental Law and Policy, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies; and Clinical Professor of Environmental Law and Policy, Yale Law School
Dan Esty is the Hillhouse Professor at Yale University with appointments in both the Environment and Law Schools. He also serves as the Director of the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy and serves on the Board of the Center for Business and the Environment at Yale, which he founded in 2006.
Joshua U. Galperin
Joshua Ulan Galperin is Director of the Environmental Protection Clinic and Clinical Lecturer in Law at Yale Law School. Josh is also the Environmental Law and Policy Program Director at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies (F&ES).
Dan M. Kahan
Elizabeth K. Dollard Professor of Law and Professor of Psychology
Dan Kahan is the Elizabeth K. Dollard Professor of Law and Professor of Psychology at Yale Law School. In addition to risk perception, his areas of research include criminal law and evidence.
Joseph M. Field ’55 Professor of Law
Douglas Kysar is the Joseph M. Field ’55 Professor of Law at Yale Law School. His teaching and research areas include torts, environmental law, and risk regulation.
Carol M. Rose
Gordon Bradford Tweedy Professor Emeritus of Law and Organization and Professorial Lecturer in Law
Carol M. Rose is the Gordon Bradford Tweedy Professor Emeritus of Law and Organization and Professorial Lecturer in Law at Yale Law School. She joined the Law School faculty in 1989.
Timothy B. Atkeson Visiting Clinical Environmental Lecturer in Law and Supervising Attorney
Lisa Suatoni is the Timothy B. Atkeson Clinical Visiting Environmental Lecturer in Law at Yale Law School. She is also a senior scientist for the Oceans Program at the National Resource Defense Council, Inc., in New York.