- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Public Interest Program
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
- Info For
Events & Programs
Career Education Programs
CDO provides many programs focused on public interest careers. CDO regularly hosts leading public interest attorneys from across the country – many of them YLS graduates – to give talks on careers in their areas of practice and on their own journeys in public interest careers. Students and alumni are welcome to view many of these programs online via streaming video, by clicking here. For a complete listing of past programs, click here.
Mentor in Residence Program
Through the Mentors in Residence Program, law school visitors who work in public interest careers spend a day on campus and offer individual counseling sessions to students. To see a list of the Mentors in Residence, click here.
CDO conducts two interview programs each year – the Spring and Fall Interview Programs – at which public interest and government employers come to recruit YLS students. YLS encourages public interest employers to attend by covering all their registration and interview room expenses.
Public Interest Student Career Fair
CDO organizes an annual Public Interest Student Career Fair, at which second- and third-year students who have worked in public interest jobs over past summers share their experiences with interested students. The fair takes place in mid-November and has over 100 student volunteers representing public interest employers. For more information on this fair, contact Juliann Davis, Assistant Director of Administration at (203) 432-7191.
Equal Justice Works Annual Conference and Career Fair
YLS participates as a member-school in the annual Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair in Washington, D.C., which is a gathering of public interest and government employers from across the nation. Approximately 150 employers conduct prescheduled and informational interviews with law students from across the country during this event that usually occurs in October. CDO subsidizes student registration fees for this event and reimburses student travel up to $250 (please see the reimbursement form). For more information, contact Juliann Davis, Assistant Director of Administration.
View more details at Equal Justice Works Annual Conference and Career Fair
Public Interest Legal Career Fair
YLS co-sponsors the Public Interest Legal Career Fair at New York University School of Law providing students the opportunity to interview with employers for internships and permanent jobs, as well as to talk with employers at information tables. In past years, representatives from more than 200 organizations and over 2,300 law students have attended this February Fair. CDO subsidizes student registration fees for this event and reimburses student travel up to the current cost of a Metro-North roundtrip ticket to New York City from New Haven, CT. For more information, contact Juliann Davis, Assistant Director of Administration.
View more details at Public Interest Legal Career Fair