- Studying Law at Yale
- Our Faculty
Centers & Workshops
- Centers & Workshops
- Paul Tsai China Center
- Cultural Cognition Project
- Debating Law and Religion Series
- Global Health Justice Partnership
- Gruber Program for Global Justice and Women’s Rights
- Human Rights Workshop: Current Issues & Events
- Information Society Project
- John M. Olin Center for Law, Economics and Public Policy
- The Justice Collaboratory
- Abdallah S. Kamel Center for the Study of Islamic Law and Civilization
- Law, Economics & Organization Workshop
- Legal History Forum
- Legal Theory Workshop
- The Arthur Liman Public Interest Program
- Middle East Legal Studies Seminar
- The Oscar M. Ruebhausen Fund
- Orville H. Schell, Jr. Center for International Human Rights
- Robina Foundation Human Rights Fellowship Initiative
- The Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy
- Yale Center for Law and Philosophy
- Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
- Yale Law School Center for Global Legal Challenges
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law
- Yale Law School Center for the Study of Private Law
- Yale Law School Latin American Legal Studies
- Quinnipiac-Yale Dispute Resolution Workshop
- Bert Wasserman Workshop in Law and Finance
- Workshop on Chinese Legal Reform
- Student Life
- YLS Today
- Info For
YLS Alumni in the Public Interest Sector
The Career Development Office and the Office of Alumni Affairs collaborate to maintain a database of more than 1400 alumni who have agreed to provide career advice to current students and other YLS graduates. YLS Career Connections can be searched by employer type and practice area, making it a valuable networking resource for public interest students and alumni.
Summer Employment Evaluations on Public Interest Jobs
Some of CDO's most popular materials are the evaluations collected from students about their summer employment. These comprise a rich database of information about public interest jobs. The summer employment evaluations are maintained and available online for current students.
Membership in PSJD & the Government Honors and Internship Handbook
YLS Membership in PSJD allows Yale Law students and alumni to access a nationwide database of public interest organizations and job opportunities. PSJD, the Public Service Jobs Directory of the National Association for Law Placement (NALP) consists of a network of 200 law schools and more than 13,000 law-related public interest organizations around the world. Yale students can create an account to use the database on the PSJD website.
YLS also provides access to the Government Honors and Internships Handbook. This handbook contains hiring information on 40 federal agencies. It alphabetically lists these organizations with detailed information about summer and entry-level hiring. Students and alumni can contact CDO to obtain a user name and password to access the online system.
CDO Job Posting System
CDO maintains its own web-based database of job listings, including public interest job listings, for summer, entry level, and graduate opportunities. Public interest employers can post positions on this site without charge.
Public Interest Library Resources
The CDO library of public interest resources includes directories, inspirational books, and how-to guides. The library has the following public interest categories: Government; Grants/Fellowships; Law Firm Practice/Pro Bono and Public Interest/Nonprofit/Environmental.
Public Interest Publications
CDO produces a number of Public Interest Guides including:
International Public Interest Law
Public Interest Careers
Public Interest Fellowships: Volume I & Volume II
Working on Capitol Hill
To access the public interest guides listed above, click here.
CDO also produces a number of public interest brochures, which you can access by clicking here.
Public Interest Programs Available on Streaming Video
CDO also records many of our public interest programs for students and alumni to watch online. The video library includes the same public interest categories as the book library: Government, Grants/Fellowships, Law Firm Practice/Pro Bono and Public Interest/Nonprofit/Environmental.